In November and April there are parent-teacher conferences. On these days, parents can inform themselves about their children’s grades. At this time the class teacher has the performance level of all subjects ready. Class tests and performance assessments are announced one week before the date. The duration of class tests is 45 to 90 minutes. Performance assessments last a maximum of 45 minutes. Class tests and performance assessments must be signed by parents of grade 9.
Main subjects (German, mathematics, English, French and Arabic)
- In each school year, 4 class tests are written in all main subjects and in Arabic, which account for about 50% of the report mark.
- In the oral and other areas, cooperation, homework checks, stapling, presentations, creative performance, group work or short written tests also account for approx. 50% of the report mark.
- The subject teacher has the pedagogical discretion to determine the overall grade of the report; as a rule, the oral participation section (or section Miscellaneous) should predominate.
Minor subjects (except sports, art, computer science)
- In all minor subjects (except sports, art and computer science) 2 tests (one test per semester) are written per school year.
- At least four other marks are given per school year (in addition to the two tests, e.g. oral checks, cooperation, homework checks, stapling, presentations, creative performance, group work, experimental performance).
- Approximately one-third of the report mark is derived from the written mark and approximately two-thirds from the other marks awarded, and is the pedagogical responsibility of the subject teacher.